EABC Forum “The Impact of COVID-19 for European Business in the Asia Pacific Region”
The European Australian Business Council (EABC) and the European Business Organisations Worldwide Network’s videoconference brought together Presidents and CEOs of European Chambers of Commerce and Business Councils in the Asia Pacific region – including our PRESIDENT, SOPHIA DEMETRIADES TOFTDAHL – to discuss the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on Wednesday 27 May 2020.
An initiative of the European Business Organsations Worldwide Network (EBOWWN), presentations were made by senior representatives of European Chambers of Commerce and Business Councils in Australia, China, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore and Taiwan on the impact of COVID-19 in their respective markets, crisis management and response strategies from the different governments, and business outlook and opportunities for European companies in the recovery phase. Please see link to the presentations below.
The session was moderated by Jason Collins, CEO of the European Australian Business Council (EABC) and Chair of the EBOWWN, and with presentations by:
- Australia – Hon Simon Crean (Chair) from the European Australian Business Council
- China – Carlo Diego D’Andrea (Vice President and Chair, Shanghai Chapter) from the European Union Chamber of Commerce in China
- Japan – Michael Mroczek (President) and Valerie Moschetti (COO) from the European Business Council in Japan
- Malaysia – Sven Schneider (CEO) and Oliver Roche (Chairman) from the EU-Malaysia Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Singapore – Federico Donato (President) and Nele Cornelis (Executive Director) from the European Chamber of Commerce (Singapore)
The discussion focused on current challenges and emerging opportunities for European businesses in the region, highlighting the growing case for increased political and industry collaboration with the EU across a wide range of sectors. Speakers shared insights on the impact of COVID-19 on their country’s global position and engagement strategy, and further discussed business outlook for their market, including pivotal sectors for the economic recovery.
Once again, many thanks to those who participated in the event, and look forward to seeing you at another Council forum again soon.
Chief Executive Officer
Mob: +61 458 286 686