NORWEGIAN AUSTRALIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Connecting people interested in commercial collaboration between Australia & Norway
NACC's Main Objectives:
The Norwegian Australian Chamber of Commerce (NACC) is a premier platform for business networking in and between Australia and Norway.
1. to create networking opportunities for members and their communities
2. to promote, encourage and facilitate trade, commerce and investment
3. to create awareness of ties between Australia and Norway
We meet our objectives through:
- SYDNEY | Norwegian Constitution Day 17 May on May 17, 2024 12:00 pm
- Nordic Open Golf Day 2024 on March 3, 2024 7:00 am
- Traditional Norwegian Christmas dinner with the Royal Norwegian Embassy on December 7, 2023 6:00 pm
- Sydney | Christmas Workshop on November 26, 2023 4:00 pm
- Cruise with the Europeans 2023 on November 16, 2023 6:00 pm
- PERTH | Norwegian Constitution Day 17 May on May 17, 2023 5:00 pm
- SYDNEY | Norwegian Constitution Day 17 May on May 17, 2023 12:00 pm
- SYDNEY | Europe Day Euromix 2023 on May 11, 2023 5:00 pm
NACC COLLABORATES WITH EUROPEAN CHAMBERS
- European Australian Business Council (EABC)
- Swedish Australian Chamber Commerce (SACC)
- Finland Australia Chamber Commerce (FACC)
- Danish Connect
- Irish Australian Chamber of Commerce (IACC)
- German Australian Chamber of Industry & Commerce (GACIC)
- SwissCham (EuroMix events)
- Slovenian Australian Chamber of Commerce (SACC)
- Estonian Business Network
- French Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FACCI)
- Australian British Chamber of Commerce (ABCC)
- Advantage Austria
- Maltese Australian Chamber of Commerce (MACC)
Our interest groups include:
- Norwegian, Scandinavian & European business community in Australia
- Norwegian companies in Norway with interest in Australian business
- Australian business community with interest in Norwegian and European business
- Australian government officials
- Norwegian, Scandinavian & European community in Australia
- Executive Committee
Aiming to reflect Norwegian values in our daily activities, we focus on building a community of members who believe collaboration makes us more competitive together.
Open and honest communication, transparency, integrity and ethical business practice is testimony to our members leadership.
Education stand to be the main pillar of the Norwegian belief system, where people grow stronger and wiser through many sources, media and information sharing initiatives.
With our feet firmly planted on the ground, we look forward towards new and better business practices, believing that innovation is a healthy mix of the old and the new.
CEO, EABC - European Australian Business Council
Regional Director Asia at Innovation Norway
Member - WaveTrain
Our mission is to promote our members and support Norwegian companies succeed in Australia through information, networking and business support services.
Our Vision is to be Australia’s premier Norwegian Australian business organisation.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Sophia Demetriades Toftdahl
- Nora Graver Møvig
- Stig Falster
- Fiona Henderson
- Gaurav Chitnis
- Miles Ponsonby
- Erik Solum
- ASSOCIATES (below)
- Rob Lord
- Tietse Stelma
- Ole Hanaes
Board Member | Director | President
Sophia is the founding President of the Norwegian Chamber and has also been an advisor to the start up team for the Estonian Chamber. She launched her own consultancy in 2009 which was sold in 2017, has been involved in the daily operation of business networks such as TiE and BNI, and is a Co-Chair of the Sales Enablement Society - Australia Chapter.
Sophia received a Master of Management and a BC Hons Communication from UTS and BC Communications from UWS. She studied Philosophy & Science at UiO, and has a Diploma in Fine Arts. Sophia also has a Certification in Professional Coaching and Leadership from IECL.
Board Member | Director
Stig is the Sales Director of Interock, a long-established provider of project and management consultancy to major industry sectors, as well as being a supplier of a range of specialised, hi-tech, wear components for the steel, aluminium and packaging industries. He is the president of Chatswood Chamber of Commerce and has 25 years experience working in delivering recruitment, leadership and management development solutions.
Stig has a degree in Chemistry and Microbiology from UNSW.
Board Member | Executive Director
Fiona is a senior corporate lawyer with over 20 years' experience working with clients ranging from private individuals, to CEOs and Boards of Australian and international corporations. She specialises in assisting foreign corporations set up and operate in Australia and act as the resident company director where needed. Her clients cross a diverse range of industries, including retail, manufacturing, building and construction, banking, and start-ups. She has demonstrated experience using the law to bring insight, execution and control to all areas of business and private life.
With a background of broad legal experience as well as particular expertise in all aspects of non-financial risk, including contracts, licensing, trade practices, intellectual property, WH&S, litigation and employment, Fiona is able to understand and develop a company's relationship between risk tolerance and strategy.
Fiona has a Master of Law from UNSW and a Bachelor of Law from ANU.
Regional Non-Executive Director WA
Very experienced industry professional with broad corporate, operations, and project management experience.
The below list of associates support the Board of Directors.
Interested in supporting the Norwegian Australian Community?
Please contact us for an application to become a Director of the Board.
contact@ norwegianchamber .com.au
Robert Lord is the Regional Director for Oceania WWI with more than 20 years experience from several of WWL’s most important customer segments. Rob Lord was appointed Norwegian Consul General in Australia in 2015. Rob serves on several boards, and will act as a valuable and important advisor to the NACC Board.
Tietse Stelma is the CEO of 50 Degrees North Pty Ltd, the Honorary Consul General for Norway in Victoria and an advisor to the NACC Board.
Ole is the Regional Director Asia at Innovation Norway and is responsible for Innovation Norway's interests in Australia. Ole works to develop and promote world class solutions within Ocean Space Industries and has also worked for Innovation Norway in Hanoi where he is a Board Member of the Nordic Chamber of Commerce. Ole was educated at the royal Norwegian Naval Academy.
Innovation Norway is the Norwegian Government's most important instrument for innovation and development of Norwegian enterprises and industry. We support companies in developing their competitive advantage and to enhance innovation.