NORWEGIAN AUSTRALIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Connecting people interested in commercial collaboration between Australia & Norway
NACC's Main Objectives:
The Norwegian Australian Chamber of Commerce (NACC) is a premier platform for business networking in and between Australia and Norway.
1. to create networking opportunities for members and their communities
2. to promote, encourage and facilitate trade, commerce and investment
3. to create awareness of ties between Australia and Norway
We meet our objectives through:
- SYDNEY: Scandinavian Film Festival 2018 THELMA on July 22, 2018 3:15 pm
- PERTH: Innovation Cluster Talk on May 22, 2018 5:30 pm
- PERTH: Autumn Sundowner Perth on April 18, 2018 5:00 pm
- MELBOURNE: NACC Launch Event in Melbourne – March 2018 on March 26, 2018 12:30 pm
- SYDNEY: Boardroom Breakfast #6 – Round Table with Southern Cross Coaching on ‘Coaching Culture Leadership’ – March 2018 on March 22, 2018 7:30 am
- PERTH: Christmas Drinks in Perth – December 2017 on December 13, 2017 5:00 pm
- SYDNEY: Norwegian Christmas Kos (Movie and Risengrynsgrøt) – December 2017 on December 3, 2017 3:30 pm
- SYDNEY: Annual Cruise with the European Chambers – November 2017 on November 16, 2017 5:30 pm
NACC COLLABORATES WITH EUROPEAN CHAMBERS
- European Australian Business Council (EABC)
- Swedish Australian Chamber Commerce (SACC)
- Finland Australia Chamber Commerce (FACC)
- Danish Connect
- Irish Australian Chamber of Commerce (IACC)
- German Australian Chamber of Industry & Commerce (GACIC)
- SwissCham (EuroMix events)
- Slovenian Australian Chamber of Commerce (SACC)
- Estonian Business Network
- French Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FACCI)
- Australian British Chamber of Commerce (ABCC)
- Advantage Austria
- Maltese Australian Chamber of Commerce (MACC)
Our interest groups include:
- Norwegian, Scandinavian & European business community in Australia
- Norwegian companies in Norway with interest in Australian business
- Australian business community with interest in Norwegian and European business
- Australian government officials
- Norwegian, Scandinavian & European community in Australia
- Executive Committee
Aiming to reflect Norwegian values in our daily activities, we focus on building a community of members who believe collaboration makes us more competitive together.
Open and honest communication, transparency, integrity and ethical business practice is testimony to our members leadership.
Education stand to be the main pillar of the Norwegian belief system, where people grow stronger and wiser through many sources, media and information sharing initiatives.
With our feet firmly planted on the ground, we look forward towards new and better business practices, believing that innovation is a healthy mix of the old and the new.
CEO, EABC - European Australian Business Council
Regional Director Asia at Innovation Norway
Member - WaveTrain
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Sophia Demetriades
- Fiona Henderson
- Stig Falster
- Ulf Varding
- Miles Ponsonby
- Erik Solum
- ASSOCIATES (below)
- Rob Lord
- Tietse Stelma
- Ole Hanaes
- Lucian Harhata
- Jan B Djerf
Board Member | Director | President
Sophia has been involved in the daily operation of business networks such as TiE and BNI, is a member of several chambers of commerce, has written 2 eBooks on leveraging networks to succeed, and a thesis on excellence in communication.
Sophia is currently the founder and CEO of Dream Internship, a finalist in 2014 and 2014 Australian Business Awards with the most votes in the category for education and training. She was previously an International Programs Manager for TAFE where she created and delivered internships, study tours, and Australia’s first ever EU/AU exchange program for colleges. Sophia received a BC Communications from UWS, and First Grade Honors in Corporate Communication and an MBM from UTS, she studied Philosophy & Science at UiO, and has a Diploma in Fine Arts.
Board Member | Executive Director
Fiona is a senior corporate lawyer with over 20 years' experience working with clients ranging from private individuals, to CEOs and Boards of Australian and international corporations. She specialises in assisting foreign corporations set up and operate in Australia and act as the resident company director where needed. Her clients cross a diverse range of industries, including retail, manufacturing, building and construction, banking, and start-ups. She has demonstrated experience using the law to bring insight, execution and control to all areas of business and private life.
With a background of broad legal experience as well as particular expertise in all aspects of non-financial risk, including contracts, licensing, trade practices, intellectual property, WH&S, litigation and employment, Fiona is able to understand and develop a company's relationship between risk tolerance and strategy.
Fiona has a Master of Law from UNSW and a Bachelor of Law from ANU.
Board Member | Director
Stig is the CEO of Interock, a long-established provider of project and management consultancy to major industry sectors; specialist raw materials supplier. He is the president of Chatswood Chamber of Commerce, President of NorthShore Chamber Alliance, and has 25 years experience working in delivering recruitment, leadership and management development solutions.
Stig has a degree in Chemistry and Microbiology from UNSW.
Ulf has an extensive career within the Print Industry and experience in sales development and growth, building client relationships and business management. He has an impressive portfolio within printing, including: offset and digital print and prepress/graphic design. He holds a 4 year Graphic Design Apprenticeship, a Diploma of Print Management Economics from Graphic Arts Institute of Denmark, and a Bachelor of Business Management from UTS.
Regional Non Executive Director WA
Very experienced industry professional with broad corporate, operations, and project management experience.
The below list of associates support the Board of Directors.
Interested in supporting the Norwegian Australian Community?
Please contact us for an application to become a Director of the Board.
contact@ norwegianchamber .com.au
Robert Lord is the Regional Director for Oceania WWI with more than 20 years experience from several of WWL’s most important customer segments. Rob Lord was appointed Norwegian Consulate General in Australia in 2015. Rob serves on several boards, and will at as a valuable and important advisor to the NACC Board.
Board Member | Regional Director VIC
Tietse Stelma is the CEO of 50 Degrees North Pty Ltd, the Honorary Consul General for Norway in Victoria and the Regional Director VIC for NACC.
Ole is the Regional Director Asia at Innovation Norway and is responsible for Innovation Norway's interests in Australia. Ole works to develop and promote world class solutions within Ocean Space Industries and has also worked for Innovation Norway in Hanoi where he is a Board Member of the Nordic Chamber of Commerce. Ole was educated at the royal Norwegian Naval Academy.
Innovation Norway is the Norwegian Government's most important instrument for innovation and development of Norwegian enterprises and industry. We support companies in developing their competitive advantage and to enhance innovation.
Director Web & Marketing
Lucian is a software entrepreneur and SEO expert with more than 15 years experience in the digital marketing space. He has built 3 successful online businesses and part of the Chambers website. Lucian has a Master of IT from UTS and a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Bucharest. He is fluent in 3 languages.
With an impressive board portfolio, Jan B Djerf serves as a mentor to the board and connects the chamber to a larger network of professionals in Asia and Europe.
President, Swedish Business Association of Singapore /SBAS/ since 2006
Board Member EuroCham Singapore since 2005
Member of Executive Committee EuroCham since 2013
President EuroCham Singapore since 2015
Secretary EU - ASEAN Business Council since 2015
Council Member Singapore Business Federation since 2015
Member of Singapore Business Federation Audit Committee since 2015